So the morning after one of the biggest patch-bombs ever to hit us in WoW, Druids received some new news!
In case you have missed out on the recent drama throughout the druid community, Moonkin were having immense mana issues at level 85 maintaining their rotation. Given the starter heroic gear and mana costs we were hearing reports that on a boss you would be able to complete two or three eclipse cycles before running out of mana entirely. Please go listen to the Shift Happens – Raid Warning Podcast to get some more information on the matter.
- Moonfury now also affects Starsurge.
- Cyclone now has a 1.7 sec cast time, down from 2 sec.
- Starfire now costs 11% of base mana, down from 16%. Cast time changed to 3.2 sec, down from 3.5 sec.
- Entangling Roots now has a 1.7 sec cast time, down from 2 sec.
- Thorns damage reduced by 66%, now deals [ 16.8% of Spell Power + 178.58 ] or [ 16.8% of AP + 178.58 ] depending on the highest.
- Moonfire base additional damage increased by 50%.
- Wrath now costs 9% of base mana, down from 14%.
- Euphoria now restores 8/16% (up from 6/12%) mana when you reach a Solar or Lunar eclipse.
As you can see it feels like Blizzard is really taking this to heart (or perhaps they are testing raids internally and the higher quality gear isn’t solving the problem). The Starfire,Wrath, and Euphoria changes were clearly necessary as mana issues were a known problem from the get go. Starsurge was lacking the benefit of Moonfury for quite some time which led to far too many number crunching debates, now it is on par with the other nukes and should provide the heavy hitting punch needed on a crit. I am interested in the Moonfire base damage increase as it further increases a spell with a rather impressive DPET of which we already wanted 100% uptime. This change seems to strengthen the moonfire while running plan which I definitely endorse.
TREE OF LIFE
So they finally unveiled the new tree of life form. Do not want…not as of right now anyway. I’m not trying to be too negative but for some reason this form looks even more like a bearded piece of broccoli than ever before. Will female druids get the sideburns and beard on their form as well? When I first saw it I was immediately reminded of a Sam and Max villain by the name of Brady Culture for some reason. It compelled me to put together a rather shoddy Ms Paint comparison, enjoy!